Last updated: July 07, 2023
1. Information We Request Periodically
We may ask you to provide personal data that could reasonably be used to contact you or to identify you personally (“Personal Data”) such as your name, organization name, e-mail address, mailing address, telephone number when you request information, participate in some promotion or survey, or otherwise communicate or interact with us. Personal Data also may include photos, social media posts or other details that can personally identify you. We may also ask you to provide broad demographic information (e.g., gender, zip code, age, etc.), preferences and interests, in order to help us provide more interesting, relevant and useful information. Of course, if you do not want your Personal Data collected, you should not submit it.
2. Information Collected Automatically
Whenever you visit or interact with us, our site and any third-party advertisers and/or service providers linked to us may use technologies to automatically collect information about how you accessed and used our site. This usage information may include browser type, operating system, the page served, the time, and the preceding page views. This data informs us about how visitors use the site. Such usage information is generally non-identifying, but if our site associates it with you as a specific and identifiable person, we treat it as Personal Data.
This site also automatically collects your URL or other unique device identifiers for the computer, mobile device, or other devices you use to access us. A device identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your device when you access a web site or its servers. The technologies used on this site include:
- Pixel tags. A pixel tag is a transparent graphic image, sometimes called a web beacon or tracking beacon, placed on a web page or in an email, which indicates that a page or email has been viewed. In addition, a pixel tag may tell your browser to get content from another server. Our pixel tags are set only by companies we work with and supervise. In order to ensure the safekeeping of your information, network advertising companies and publishers are not permitted to directly collect information on our site.
3. How We Use the Collected Information
This site uses information we collect about and from you for a variety of business purposes, such as: to respond to your inquiries; provide you with access to certain areas and features the site; verify your identity; communicate with you; tailor content, advertisements and offers we serve you, including sending you emails about programming-related information regarding new content; to survey visitors about various topics, including their podcast listening and other entertainment preferences; improve our services; and for purposes disclosed at the time you provide your information. No other uses are made without your express consent.
4. Sharing of Information
- Third Parties Providing Services on Our Behalf. In order to carry out your requests, to make various features, services and materials available to you, and to respond to your inquiries, we may share your Personal Data with third parties that perform functions on our behalf such as companies or individuals that host or operate our site; analyze data; provide content or customer service; attorneys, auditors and service providers.
- Legal Disclosure. We may transfer and disclose information, including without limitation your Personal Data, to third parties to comply with a legal obligation, only when: we believe in good faith that the law requires it; at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation; to respond to an emergency; or otherwise to protect the rights, property, safety, or security of third parties, visitors to our site or the public.
5. Information Received from Third Parties
We may occasionally receive information about you from third parties. For example, you may choose to participate in a third-party application or feature, such as our Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn profiles, through which you allow us to collect (or the third party to share) information about you, including Personal Data.
6. European Resident Rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”)
GDPR gives you the following rights:
- Request Access to your Personal Data. This allows you to receive a copy of your Personal Data and verify that we are lawfully processing that information.
- Request Correction of Your Personal Data. This allows you to have any incomplete or inaccurate Personal Data we hold completed / corrected. Please note that we may need to verify the accuracy of the new Personal Data you provide.
- Request Deletion / Erasure of Your Personal Data. You may have the right to request that Personal Data we hold about you be deleted / erased.
- Object to Processing of Your Personal Data. You may have the right to preclude processing of your Personal Data.
- Request Restriction of Processing of Your Personal Data. This allows you to ask that we suspend the processing of your Personal Data in the following scenarios:
(a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy;
(b) where our use of the data is unlawful, but you do not want us to delete/erase it;
(c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
(d) you have objected to our use of your data, but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request Transfer of Your Personal Data. Where technically feasible, we will provide to you, or a third party you designate, your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- Withdraw Your Consent. You may withdraw your consent at any time. If you do so, we may be unable to provide certain products or services to you. But we will advise you of this when you withdraw your consent.
7. Other Users’ Rights, Regardless of Place of Residency
You may always direct us not to share your Personal Data with third parties, not to use your Personal Data to provide you with information or offers, or not to send you newsletters, e-mails or other communications by notifying us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or following the removal instructions in the communication that you receive. Your opt-out request will be processed as soon as feasible, but in any event within a reasonable length of time (no more than 30 days of the date on which we receive your request).
If you wish to verify, correct, or update any of your Personal Data collected through our site, you may contact us as noted in the preceding paragraph. In accordance with our routine record keeping, we may delete certain records that contain Personal Data you have submitted to us. In addition, you should be aware that it is not always possible to completely remove or delete all of your information from our databases without some residual data because of backups and other technological reasons.
8. Advertising / Behavioral Targeting and How to Opt Out.
We license technology to serve advertisements on this site and within its content as that content is served across the Internet. In addition, we may use third-party network advertisers to serve advertisements and third-party analytics vendors to evaluate and provide us with information about the use of this site and viewing of our content. We do not share Personal Data with these third parties, but ad network providers, the advertisers, the sponsors, and/or analytics service providers may set and access their own cookies, pixel tags, and similar technologies on your device, and they may otherwise collect or have access to information about you, including usage information. We and our network advertisers may target advertisements for products and services in which you might be interested based on your visits to both this site and other web sites. We may use a variety of companies to serve advertisements.
Note: Even if you choose to opt out and remove your information, you will still see advertisements while you’re browsing online. However, the advertisements you see may be less relevant to you and your interests. Additionally, many network advertising programs allow you to view and manage the interest categories they have compiled from your online browsing activities. These interest categories help determine the types of targeted advertisements you may receive. The NAI Opt-Out Page provides a tool that identifies its member companies that have cookies on your browser and provides links to those companies.
9. Children Under Age 13
Neither this site nor its content is directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under 13 years of age. If we determine upon collection that a user is under this age, we will not use or maintain his or her Personal Data without the parent/guardian’s consent. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected personally identifiable information from a child under the age of 13, we will make reasonable commercial efforts to delete such information from our records.
10. Safekeeping of Your Information
We use certain reasonable security measures to help protect your Personal Data. However, no electronic data transmission or storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please note that we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information transmitted via the Internet, and you use our site and provide us with your information at your own risk.
11. Links to Other Sites
This site may contain links to other sites that we do not own or operate. This includes links from advertisers, sponsors and business partners. We do not control, recommend or endorse, and are not responsible for those sites or their content, products, services or privacy policies or practices. These other web sites may send their own cookies to your device, they may independently collect data or solicit Personal Data, and may or may not have their own published privacy policies. You should also independently assess the authenticity of any site which appears or claims that it is or related to us (including those linked to through an email or social networking page).
12. Consent to Processing International Transfer of Information
This site is operated within the United States. However, the nature of the world wide web makes it inevitable that information is transmitted on an international basis. If you are located in the European Union, Canada, or elsewhere outside of the United States, please be aware that by using our site, or providing us with any information, you consent to the collection, processing, maintenance, and transfer of such information in and to the United States and other applicable territories in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as or equivalent to those in the country where you reside and/or are a citizen.
13. Changes to this Policy
14. Contact Us